Study in China University of Mining and Technology About China University of Mining and Technology & Study in
About China University of Mining and Technology
Founded in 1909, China University of Mining and Technology (CUMT) is a comprehensive key national university directly administered by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China and is one of the first universities to join the national “211 Project” and the “985 Innovation Platform for Advantageous Disciplines”. In 2017, with an important international academic influence in field of engineering, especially in the mining engineering field, the Mining Engineering discipline and the Safety Engineering discipline of CUMT were selected into the National Double First-class Construction Disciplines. CUMT is located in Xuzhou, the northernmost city in Jiangsu province and the only winner of the 2018 UN Habitat Award for its great geographical position, pleasant natural environment and advanced city infrastructures. At present, the student population of CUMT exceeds 23,700, among which more than 655 are oversea students from 69 countries.
- The NO.1 mining university in China;
- Mining Engineering discipline ranks top 20 in the QS University Rankings;
- Majors of Engineering Science, Chemistry Science, Material Science, Earth science, Mathematics, Environment and Ecology and Computer Science rank top 1% of ESI in the world.
- Time-honored International Education History of Over One Century;
- Inclusive Multi-cultural Campus Spirit, Abundant and Colorful Campus Activities and Picturesque Campus Environment;
- Well-Qualified Teaching Staff and Various Teaching Modes;
- Advanced Teaching and Research Facilities;
- Convenient and Comfortable Living Facilities.